Saturday, April 5, 2008









Mr.Green on the little ferry to HATERUMA!!!





me abourd the ferry to Hateruma.




On my way to Hateruma now!!!

"Hateruma is an island in the Yaeyama District of Okinawa, Japan. It is the southern-most inhabited island in Japan. Hateruma has a population of approximately 600 and an area of 12.7 km². The primary products of the island include sugarcane. Its southern location makes it one of the few places in Japan where the Southern Cross can be observed."

波照間島は言うまでもなく、沖縄県・八重山諸島にある日本最南端の有人島(人口は600人弱)です。

実際の日本最南端は沖ノ鳥島なんですけど、そこは民間人は行けず、波照間島が一般人が訪れることのできる最南端ということです!ちなみにハブは生息していないらしい(★豆知識★

1 comment:

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi, my name is Tom Hardy.I like your photos.I manipulate photos using Photoshop.Can I save your photos and e-mail the work back to you.Check out my blog to see what I mean...Cheers Tom Hardy Australia