Sunday, April 13, 2008



I call this little island NIPPLE ISLAND.



Ito san
He's originally from Kyoto, but is now living in Okinawa. He's 26 and starting his own cross country motorcycle adventure in Kagoshima. He plans to complete his journey by about August. Ito san, Imaoka san, myself, and one other guy enjoyed a beer each, over aquainting ourselves and conversation mainly revolving around travel. It was good fun. Just before noon, I made ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and mustard sandwiches for each of us. We all enjoyed them thouroghly I can say with confidense.The instrument Ito san's holding is a SANSHIN. His is only a print, but the Okinawan instrument is traditionally made with HABU (Japanese viper) skin.







Our "bedroom" tonight. This is actually my favorite ferry so far.










Here is MY futon. # 131 ("13 my lucky number,31 my age!"). I slept like a baby last night after a nice hot shower and shave, and 3 delicious sandwiches.







SUNDAY, APRIL 13 2008 Wake up time 5:45 am
Good morning from the deck of the Coral Queen 8. I feel clean, refreshed, and my belly is full! I had a ham, tomato,lettuce, and mustard sandwich and a peanutbutter and strawberry jam sandwich for breakfast. I FEEL GOOD!
Now it's about 7:30 and we're coming into Kagoshima. There's a volcano bellowing black smoke and steam up into the sky. This is my first time to witness a live volcano in action. I'm really excited!!!





While gazing through the foggy morning air at the spectacle from my volcano, I notice a dolphin jumping along side the back of the ferry! This morning just keeps getting better!!!





Wild Bill & the Volcano
I haven't even stepped foot on Kagoshima soil yet, but I LOVE it already!

No comments: