Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Breakfast:
Gooseneck BARNACLES I pulled from a washed up float, in miso soup

よく岩にくっついている硬い角みたいな生き物です。
ガンガラではなく。
恐竜の背中のトゲみたいな(イメージ)・・・





A typical ferry used for transport between the Yaeyama Islands

八重山諸島を往復する船




Mr.Green waiting for the ferry terminal on the dock in Iriomote. I was very lucky to catch a ride in the back of a pick-up truck from Momoko, Momoka (nickname - Moka), and Buri. Two sweet girls and Momoko's pet dog, a Ryukyuken. By bicycle, I would have never have made it from my camp on the beach, to the port on time for the last ferry off the island of the day. Thank you so much for the ride girls, and thanks too for showing me how to dig for those clams on the shore at low tide!
みごと港までヒッチハイクに成功。おかげで今日最後の石垣行きの船に間に合いました m(_ _)m

Back on Ishigaki again. This is sunset from the Yaeyama ferry terminal. Tonight I have to stay close to the port because I've got to be to my next ferry by 5:30 am. This ferry (Hiryuu Sangyo) will take me from Ishigakijima to Naha, Okinawa. Because I can't stray far from the port (in Ishigaki City), I will stay in a dormitory tonight. I'll also buy my first real meal of this journey! I'm looking forward to some good solid food. MEAT - mmmmmmmm....

石垣に帰ってきました。那覇行きの船が朝の5時半に出るので、港の近くでスタンバイ!

港の近く  町なのでキャンプ地を探しにくい  早朝出発なのでテントを張ると段取りが悪い

→→→ ¥1,500のホステルに宿泊

今回の貧乏旅第2回目の屋根付き宿泊です。

No comments: