Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting closer to Kagoshima port. As I look down into the sea just below me, I see that the water is swarming with 2 kinds of jellyfish. I've never seen anything like it - there are litterally thousands of these saucer-size invertabrates floating around just below the water surface. One variety is orange with long stringy tentacles. The other species is whitish with a more defined flat disc shape. It shows no visible tentacles from up here.





The Coral Queen 8 is now really close to the port, and this magnificent volcano.












I can't get over it! This is just SO AWESOME!











Imaoka san enjoying the views too. Oddly, he reminds me a bit of Paul Newman and James Dean. He's quite a cool cat I think. He sure does love his BEER. The man is never without a can of brewsky!

No comments: