Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hirauchi Onsen - A Sausage Party

Hirauchi Onsen is a natural hot spring on Yakushimas southeastern coast. It was discovered 400 years ago by people and ever since has been enjoyed by locals and tourists from all over the world. I paid the \100 fee (about US $1.00) and enjoyed it for myself! It is beautiful. You can only utilize this natural wonder twice a day - only at low and high tides. No cloths of any kind are permitted. You must be in your birthday suit! it is out in the wide open, and unlike most other Japanese hot springs, it is co-ed. Men and women are free to show off there goods together. Unfortunately for me, I haven't got a hell of a lot to show! Still, that didn't stop me. I went and enjoyed the spring over pleasant conversation with 4 other blokes. It was a regular sausage party. Seriously wonderful though.

No comments: