Sunday, April 13, 2008

I can't get anywhere because I have got to stop and take pictures every 2 minutes! This coastal road and it's views are unreal - spectacular! I'm in love with Yakushima.








Only about 15 minutes into my ride, and I hear rustling on the mountainside just accross the road. There only 20 feet (about 7 meters) away from me, I look into the eyes of a dozen or so Yakuzaru (Yaku Island Monkey)! They look back at me with expressions on their pink faces as if to say "What are you looking at punk? Aint you got nothin' better to do than stare at us?!" So, I took the hint and moved on simply thrilled.







Kirishima-Yaku National Park's Tashiro Coast is home of the Pillow-shaped Lava Field. Lava beds meet the sea here and crystal clear rivers empty out. It's beautiful. I'd love to camp here for the night, but it's not permitted. I'll move on a bit further.







My campsite for tonight. I found this spot just up the road from the entrance to Pillow-shaped Lavd Beds. I can manage this!





As the rain taps softly on my tent, goodnight from Funayuki, Yakushima. See ya bright and early!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill Sensei,everything is going smoothly?You're in most beatiful island Yakushima(my opinion!) finally!I REALLY miss Yakushima and am jealous of you for being there!!AAARRRGGGHHH!!Get energy from wild nature and reborn :).Oops,I have to back to work :<.Later!
Akemi