Saturday, October 4, 2008

Great Friends and Family

Friday, September 5 2008
While Atsuko was at her last day of work,
my mother and father in law drove me to Kansai Airport in Osaka.
They insisted on seeing me off there. Though I told them that it wouldn't be necessary, there was no stopping them! Thank goodness they did bring me down to the airport. I don't know how I would have managed lugging my big bulky load down there on a train without their help.
I also knew that my sister in law Michiko san, and my two nephews Takuto and Ryoto would be meeting us at the terminal to say goodbye - a very touching gesture indeed. However, what I did not know was that a group of friends would also be there to see me off!
As I walked toward my check in counter I saw, as if in a strange dream, my good friend Kazuya walking up to me. I couldn't believe it! This was SO SPECIAL. Kazuya notified me that he was not alone either. He had taken the day off, and the handsome 27 year old father of 4 had made the trek to Kansai Airport with his beautiful wife and all their gorgeous children.
Then, after receiving my boarding pass, I walked over to the now large crowd to join all my loved ones. Once again I was thrown a surprise! This time by my great friend Kayoko san. I have never felt more loved in all my life. It was a bittersweet farewell at best!
Otousan, Okaasan, Michiko san, Taku chan, Ryo chan, Kazuya and Okusan, Karina chan, Sakura chan, Nagomi chan, and Haruchika........
HONTONI ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see you all next time!

No comments: