Friday, August 29, 2008

Misa and Kazumi, "The Katsuragi Girls"

Thursday, August 28 2008
It was hisashiburi night [hisashiburi = long time no see]!
Last evening my marathon running mates
Misa Shimizu and Kazumi Kawamoto
drove into Wakayama City from there town, Katsuragi, about an hour's drive away.
Misa (in plaid) has been an English student at Aire English School for over 5 years now; that is how we met. She is a great student who works very very hard, at everything she does. Kazumi (in red) is Misa's best friend, and I met her when the three of us ran in the annual Wakaura Jazz Marathon last October together. Running with the two beautiful and athletic girls gave me the motivation and power to continue on even when my legs were screaming out in agony " for the love of future mobility, STOP NOW". However, I was part of a team and couldn't let the other members down! I completed the marathon because of Misa and Kazumi, and because I was dressed as Super Mario (but that's another story)
Last night the girls and Atsuko and I met at & Legumes in Wakayama City. There we talked, laughed, and enjoyed some good food and drink. It was great to see you girls.
See you next time in New York when we run the NYC Marathon together, okay!!
Thank you for everything.
Love always
Atsuko & Bill



No comments: