Monday, August 25, 2008

My Last Run Down Teramachi Street

Friday, August 15 2008
It was a fun day, but a sad one too.
We met at our usual haunt, Billboard Restaurant.
Teramachi Street Band has been meeting here for the last 3 years. Here we usually talked about upcoming performances, reflected on past shows, and just shot the shit. Billboard is a 1950's and 60's Americana-style restaurant where you can enjoy yummy burgers and pizza, and also Japanese specialties like curry rice dishes and Jingis Kan. There is also a good selection of beer.
Together we enjoyed all these things like we usually do, but this time the band presented me with going away presents. The 15th was to be my last time together with the band.
After spending a couple of hours at Billboard, we headed off to the same studio we've always rehearsed in. However, on this day we weren't just practicing. We were playing in front of an audience! Because this would be my last effort with Teramachi, band leader Yoko arranged for some of her friends to come down to the studio to watch us. As always I was having an awesome time playing music with the band, but all the while I couldn't help thinking how much I would miss this.
When all was said and done, we had a great time and I will never forget that night or any of my friends from Teramachi.
I hope you'll let me join in whenever I'm back in town guys!
Thank you for three awesome years Teramachi Street Band.
Thank you for everything.






















No comments: