Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Taking a Drive With Enomoto San


Last Monday (August 4) after having a fatty cyst on my back (which my sister named Jake) removed, I went for a ride with Enomoto San. Enomoto San has been my student, teacher, and great friend for just about as long as I've been in Japan. On Monday we drove to Katsuragi Mountain. It's about an hour drive to Katsuragi San from Wakayama City, and on the way we stopped at Mekkemon Ichiba Market where we had some Matcha (Green Tea) Ice Cream, and Fresh -ice cold- Peach Juice! I also picked up some fresh figs for my mother in law while there which she has since made into jam!

It's noticeably cooler atop Katsuragi San.
From the observation tower we can see incredible vistas
If not for the hazy heat, we'd be able to see Kansai Airport from here!


Ajisai (Hydrangea)

No comments: