Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just outside the main doors to the airport, I preceded to disassemble Mr. Green and organise all my gear for flying. This whole ordeal took about an hour and afterwards I made my way inside the terminal where I was directed to several areas before finally finding the proper counter. All of the airline personnel were extremely friendly and accommodating. Once I had my boarding pass I rushed to the gift shops to pick up some last minute souvenirs which can only be found in the airport. By the time I had gotten what I was looking for, there wasn't really anymore time to spare. I dashed over to the security check where my bags were thoroughly ransacked and every item turned topsy turby. I had forgotten to remove a lighter and camp stove gas canister from my carry on items. This made things drag on quite a bit as you might imagine. Finally the "interrogation" was through and I sprinted over to Gate 8 and found my seat aboard the large and spacious jet. Before boarding I had hoped to get a bite to eat, but those plans fell through. So I packed away my exploding back packs and gift bags in the overhead bin and with a great sigh melted onto seat 15D where I slept for the duration of the flight. Upon arriving at Kansai Airport I accumulated my baggage and Mr. Green, and followed my nose to a Lawson Convenience Store. There I a bought fried chicken and rice lunch, Calpis Water Drink (a sweet, white, chalky beverage preferred by kids), and a chocolate eclair.

No comments: