Saturday, June 14, 2008

Interview at US Embassy in Tokyo


It's 11:00 PM. Do you know where your Immigrant Visa status is?


We don't know where Atsuko's is yet, but we're hoping to find out the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow morning Atsuko and I will leave for Tokyo. We will fly there via Osaka. Sunday will be spent making last minute passport photocopies and sightseeing in Tokyo on the side!
We are trying to get Atsuko Permanent Resident status for America, otherwise known as a GREEN CARD. Many folks are under the false impression that once married to an American, a foreigner "becomes" an American as well. I once thought so myself. Things might have been so in the distant past, but surely aren't that way today. It's fairly complicated with enough paperwork and forms to reconstruct a California Redwood!
Anyway.........we have been working hard at getting it all together and are hoping that our efforts will pay off. I guess we'll see what happens on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for us! PLEASE!!!
がんばりましょうか!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Atsuko and Bill,
Hang in there! I've known a few couples that have had delays with that process... but their diligence paid off. Besides, the embassy people must have noticed you speak their language and care more for their country than their average fellow citizen! America is at a loss until we welcome you back! Thank you for keeping us informed about your adventures... we check in regularly!
Love Adam and Jenni

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you guys!!
We actually just got back home from Tokyo. Things seemed to go really great at the Embassy and we feel real relieved that the first of two steps is over and done with. Tokyo is a massive city and there is an endless sea of people in it. I guess I'm glad I got to experience Tokyo, but once was definitely enough for me. I don't think I want to go ever again. As far as cities go, I don't go! There is only one city I've ever been to that continues to intrigue and make me want to come back again and again. That city is New York.
Anyway, really glad that great friends like you are enjoying checking in on us. It gives me a purpose!!!
Love you guys
Hope you're doing great.
See ya Adam & Jenni

Wild Bill