Wednesday, March 26, 2008

End of an era



I have been a happy employee of Aire English Conversation School for two years. This job never was a job to me. I loved each and every day I spent there (with a few exceptions!). What made it great was that I was learning just as much as I was teaching. Learning about Japanese culture, language and children in general. I was also reminded how good friends seem to pop up on you when you least expect them to. Thanks for giving this seppo a chance Jonny, you may not know how much I appreciated the opportunity you gave me.


Inevitably all good things must come to an end. March 2008 marked the ending of my tenure at Aire. All through March there were parties organized to say goodbye to me and Steve Brewster (my fellow Aire mate). These parties were fun and sad at the same time for me. I hadn't realized the depth of what I'd been doing for the past couple of years. When dozens of thankful faces looked to me and wished all the best, my heart became heavy.


I will never forget any of my many "Japanese family" members. Thank you for everything.
ビルが2年間働いていたアイレ・・・ここで仲のいい友達もでき、生徒達から日本語と日本の文化を多いに学び(おかげでビルの前で日本語で悪口が言えなくなりました)、毎日帰ってくるたびに「仕事が楽しい、楽しい」って言ってました。去るのがほんとに辛かったみたいです。

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Well played James. Otsukaresama! Now it's time for you to head down to Komeri so you can dig deep in another department. By the way, I did'nt see any shovels in that picture of your bike......concerns me a little!! Will be thinking of you Tuesday mate. Travel safe and have fun. Cya in a coupla weeks.

Jonathon